Home  |  About Us  |  Jobs  |  Calendar  |  Media Room  |  Park Search
Your Account   Shopping Cart (0)
Non-Resident OHV Permit

Non-Resident OHV Permit

OHV Permit (non-resident and plated residents)

IF you are a Colorado Resident, you need to register your OHV.  You need to go to www.cpw.state.co.us > Buy and Apply > Registrations > ATV and OHV and follow instructions there.

PLEASE NOTE: The 2016 OHV permits are valid until March 31, 2016.

Motorcycle, ATV and four-wheel drive trails and roads on the plains, in the foothills and high mountain passes are available to challenge recreationists of all abilities.

Please allow 7-10 business days for your order to arrive in the mail. If you need your order sooner, please click here for a list of agents where you can purchase it in person.  You cannot purchase a permit online and pick it up when you get to Colorado.  You must allow enough time to receive the permit in the mail.  You can call 303-866-3203 x 4600 to order over phone and have the option for overnight shipping.

Please note the following statute regarding OHV permits:
(1) (a) No later than January 1, 1990, the division of parks and recreation shall devise a plan for implementation of the off-highway use permit program.
(b) On and after January 1, 1991, the owner of every vehicle required to be registered pursuant to article 3 of title 42, C.R.S.,and the owner or operator of every motor vehicle and off-highway vehicle from another state or country, when such vehicle is being used for recreational travel upon designated off-highway vehicle routes, shall obtain and display on such vehicle an off-highway use permit.

(2) Off-highway use permits shall be sold by the agents referred to in section 33-12-104, and the fee for said permits shall be the fee provided pursuant to section 33-10-111 (5).

(3) Off-highway use permits, when issued on April 1, shall be valid for a one-year period, which runs from April 1 through the following March 31. All permits issued during the year at any time after April 1 shall expire on the following March 31.
(4) Off-highway use permits shall be displayed as required by the division.
(5) The following vehicles shall be exempt from the requirements of this section:
(a) Vehicles owned by the United States or another state or political subdivision thereof if such ownership is clearly displayed on such vehicles;
(b) Vehicles operated in an organized competitive or noncompetitive event on publicly or privately owned or leased land; except that this exemption shall not apply unless the agency exercising jurisdiction over such land specifically authorizes the organized competitive or noncompetitive event;
(c) Vehicles operated on public land for purposes other than recreational use, which purposes shall include but not be limited to logging, mining, grazing of livestock, firewood-cutting, and the taking of trees for noncommercial purposes.

Price: $25.25 


2013 Annual Pass
Annual Pass
Cherry Creek Basin Sticker
Cherry Creek Basin Sticker
Non-Resident Snowmobile Permit
Non-Resident Snowmobile Permit